July 16, 2012
Insurance Company: State Farm Insurance
Coverage Type: Homeowners Insurance
- PolicyHolder Service - Abusive Service
- PolicyHolder Service - Inadequate Reimbursement
- PolicyHolder Service - Unfair Negotiation
- Claim Handling - Rude/Abusive Adjuster
- Claim Handling - Delays upon Delays
- Claim Handling - Unsatisfactory Settlement/Offer
- Claim Handling - Denial of Claim
- General - I feel abused by this company
State Farm delayed and denied my claim. The original adjuster (G. M.) verbally assured me that State Farm would pay for the following due to water damage from a fire in my condo that a renter caused:
1. A full pack out of the contents of my homeso repairs could be made
2. Allowable living expenses for the expenses of living in a hotel until repairs are complete.
3. Cleaning of furniture and clothes damaged from fire.
When the repairs were finally to begin (4 months after the fire) a new adjuster (called the "Readjuster") was given to my claim and all the above was DENIED!!!
State Farm was in collusion with the restoration company, ServPro and the condo management company, CAMCO.
I am presently in litigation with all 3 companies. The fire was on 3/27/11. This debacle has cost me $40,000 for a fire I did not cause. I also have condo insurance that covered all the above. State Farm has a history of denying claims. I didn't know that before I signed up with them 5 years ago. However, I know it now.
State Farm should NOT be allowed to insure anything in Pennsylvania.