November 13, 2013
Insurance Company: Erie Insurance Group
Coverage Type: Homeowners Insurance
- Underwriting - Premium Too High
- PolicyHolder Service - Inadequate Service
- PolicyHolder Service - Incompetent Employees
- PolicyHolder Service - Delays/No Response
- PolicyHolder Service - Denied Access to Services
- Claim Handling - Delays upon Delays
- Claim Handling - Denial of Claim
- Claim Handling - Unjustified Accusations
- Marketing & Sales - Misleading Advertising
- Marketing & Sales - Misrepresentation
- General - I feel abused by this company
I live on Sandusky Bay. When Sandy came through on Oct. 29-31 2012 we had 80 mile and hour winds and rain for 3 days. I had water comming in under my casement windows, under my patio doors and dripping through my pot lights in the ceiling. I called Erie Insurance and told them about the wind driven rain comming in and that we also lost some siding and shingles, but said we think we could fix the siding and shingles but are not sure of what water damage is expected. We didnt see any damage until I went to open the windows in the spring, and they fell apart. First I called Pella who is in a class action suit against these windows, (DONT TRUST PELLA TO HONOR THEIR WARRANTY DO NOT BUY PELLA WINDOWS). Then I called Erie Insurance and placed a claim caused by Sandy wind driven rain. They used every excuse not to cover my loses even though wind and rain is covered. Now I have to have my lawyer fight this. Almost everyone on my street had damage, but ERIE INSURANCE IS DENYING MY CLAIM. DON'T BUY ERIE INSURANCE.
This story has no comments yet. Be the first to leave one!