October 04, 2013
Insurance Company: Farmers Insurance Group
Coverage Type: Homeowners Insurance
- PolicyHolder Service - Inadequate Service
- PolicyHolder Service - Delays/No Response
- PolicyHolder Service - Inadequate Reimbursement
- PolicyHolder Service - Unfair Negotiation
- Claim Handling - Rude/Abusive Adjuster
- Claim Handling - Delays upon Delays
- Claim Handling - Unsatisfactory Settlement/Offer
- Claim Handling - Unjustified Accusations
- Marketing & Sales - High Pressure Tactics
Your letter states I did not mention having asthma from the beginning, that is not true! Every time I spoke with an adjuster or cleaning person yes I did mention that. You are looking for anyway out of helping us further. I have great direspect for Foremosts tactics and ignoring the smell of lingering chemicals in our clothing and former home.
1. The report you sent me does not address chemical smells which are a primary issue lingering in our clothing!
2. The report will not print.Please send it in regular email form to print.
3. I continue to disagree with your conclusion that our clothing is wearable and usable to us.
4. I am not willing to accept the dressers because they stunk as well, Josh,his delivery men, and all of us saw the smoke and smelled the chemicals on them.
5.I have reported you to the Oregon Insurance Commisioner for your underhanded handling of my claim, forcing cleaners specific to your benefit on us at the time of the fire. I would never recommend any of them to anyone. You are responsible for the loss of my home by sending me to your programmed subcontractors. Your failure to admit I have told everyone about my asthma is unreal. Your lack of concern for doing the right thing by us is also unreal. I will never use Foremost again. I have 2 rentals which are covered by Foremost I will look for replacement insurance on. My new home has been placed with another company. I will never open myself up to your ways of handling claims again.
6. You threatened us with moving out of motels you provided on a regular basis during July, 3 days, no 2 weeks, no whatever to move and then your alternate living expenses end and made our time of transistion even more difficult.
7. I ask for testing on our clothing at your expense for chemicals that would be harmful to and asthmatic.
8.Wonder why I am bothering as I know you do not care, And although we had 65,000 coverage you still depreciated our home and gave us not insured value but depreciated value. So why bother having higher limits? They were offerred to me by by agent. And what are they supposed to mean?
Try to remeber we have told the truth, all of it at each incident. Yet you have selective hearing and ignore important facts, such as asthma. No use of chemicals. Etc.
You will be reimbursed by Cal Ams insurance so this is not out of your pocket,why are you so stingy with helping us?
Why are you so closed minded about helping us?
Why have you put us through begging to get help?
My agents failure to correct my name is not my fault. It has been Veenendaal for over a year! But then what can I expect from such an uncaring company and employees!
From: Robert A Vogel
Sent: Wed, Oct 2, 2013 4:41 pm
Subject: Re: my claim-#8001761002-1-4
We are still in the process of reviewing your claim. We will provide a status tomorrow and discuss a time for in-person meeting.
This story has no comments yet. Be the first to leave one!