August 14, 2013
Insurance Company: Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Company
Coverage Type: Disability Insurance
- PolicyHolder Service - Inadequate Service
- PolicyHolder Service - Incompetent Employees
- PolicyHolder Service - Delays/No Response
- PolicyHolder Service - Inadequate Reimbursement
- PolicyHolder Service - Unfair Negotiation
- Claim Handling - Delays upon Delays
- Claim Handling - Unsatisfactory Settlement/Offer
- Claim Handling - Denial of Claim
- General - I feel abused by this company
I went out on FMLA on May 17, 2013. I got a call from the insurance agent with information on my short term disability benefits. I have been paying on this supplemental short term disability for 14 years. My doctors have been faxing medical records and it seemed as though, every time colonial got info of another doctor I was being referred to, they'd insist on those records before making any payment. Today is Aug. 14th, 2013 and I received an email from Colonial saying that they sent out a $400 payment this morning which is a far cry from the $1,000. + I'm insured for monthly. I have been getting the run around from them since day 1. My primary illness is low back, hip and leg pain and because my doctor also stated that anxiety and depression are secondary, they are now claiming that depression and anxiety are not covered, thus lowering my benefit. Who wouldn't be depressed or anxious being in so much pain with no medical answers. So, in order to not having to pay the allotment of supplemental disability, they are holding "depression and anxiety" over my head as the primary illness, even though I have the forms that my doctor sent to them with the back, hip and leg pain listed as primary. I've been patient and have forwarded them the treating physicians names and addresses for this?
This story has no comments yet. Be the first to leave one!