About Us Insurance Complaints Get Help Resolved Complaints Articles News Links Contact Us            Log In

Back to insurance complaints

George's complaint:
June 07, 2013

Insurance Company: State Farm Insurance
Coverage Type: Auto/Boat/Motorcycle

  • PolicyHolder Service - Incompetent Employees
  • PolicyHolder Service - Inadequate Reimbursement
  • PolicyHolder Service - Unfair Negotiation
  • Claim Handling - Rude/Abusive Adjuster
  • Claim Handling - Delays upon Delays
  • Claim Handling - Unsatisfactory Settlement/Offer
  • Claim Handling - Denial of Claim
  • General - I feel abused by this company

Been 9 months since a State Farm client totaled my less than 6 month old vehicle. (State Farm has been in possession of vehicle longer than I but I have made all payments). Rosalind Williams is the incompetent appraiser (left over $3,500 of items from the sticker off of her evaluation). I still disagree with the amount but told over a month ago to send the proceeds and I will handle the remainder that I believe I am due as a follow-up (tough to make payments on a vehicle you do not have while they give the shaft to ya for nearly a year). Now they want me to send them the title before they send funds. Not going to happen as I tell them to come get at my convenience as I will not give STATE FARM or any of their cronies another things until I have my money - they already have my car, hopefully you can understand why I feel this way!! STATE FARM is acting as nothing short of a thug and Rosalind Williams idiotic.

vote up 0 vote down 0

Respond to Complaint. Insurance Carriers welcome. (No advertising allowed)

Your name/company

HTML is not allowed

[ Different Image ]

InsuranceComplaint.com says:
June 18, 2013 at 7:28 PM

George, You have a provision in your policy call the appraisal provision. You can demand that State Farm enter into appraisal (which is somewhat like mediation but not exactly). This will give you an opportunity to demonstrate how they miscalculated their evaluation. Look into this first, but do not give up the title and you should definitely speak to an attorney about that issue.

Back to insurance complaints