January 22, 2013
Insurance Company: UnitedHealth Group
Coverage Type: Health Insurance
- Underwriting - Refusal to Insure
- PolicyHolder Service - Inadequate Service
- PolicyHolder Service - Incompetent Employees
- PolicyHolder Service - Delays/No Response
- PolicyHolder Service - Denied Access to Services
- PolicyHolder Service - Unfair Negotiation
- Claim Handling - Delays upon Delays
- Claim Handling - Denial of Claim
- Claim Handling - Unjustified Accusations
- General - I feel abused by this company
UMR/United Healthcare denied my coverage for all medical and lab expenses because they claim it was accident related. After I resolved that issue they sent me another denial letter stating it was work related and continue to deny everything including blood work. How is blood work related to an accident/work injury? This was a new diagnosis and not pre-existing which has nothing to do with work or an accident. My co-payments were $40. UMR will find any reason possible to deny payment.
Customer service is terrible and they ask tricky questions and document every word to find more reasons to deny payment. I have spent too much time doing their job by calling UMR, prior insurance companies, doctors, lab, and now worker's comp. I had to file for worker’s compensation so I can be denied to prove it is not related to work. Most likely they will find another excuse not to pay. It is stated on their website that they receive “4 million calls annually”. Wow that is a lot of unhappy clients. Perhaps this is why they are not BBB accredited.
This story has no comments yet. Be the first to leave one!