May 19, 2012
Insurance Company: State Farm Insurance
Coverage Type: Homeowners Insurance
- Underwriting - Premium Too High
- Underwriting - Unfair Surcharge
- PolicyHolder Service - Inadequate Service
- PolicyHolder Service - Delays/No Response
- PolicyHolder Service - Payment Not Credited
- PolicyHolder Service - Abusive Service
- Claim Handling - Rude/Abusive Adjuster
- Claim Handling - Delays upon Delays
- General - I feel abused by this company
Water damage from overflowed commode. Water overflowed from master bathroom commode flooding both house bathrooms adjacent to each other, master bedroom and adjacent hall. I reported to State Farm as soon as I returned home approximately three hours as commode was last used. State Farm sent a crew Serve-Pro to clean up water. After they left, I discovered there was $500 missing from my residents. The agent stated the missing money would be of a different claim, theft, which was not covered under my flooding insurance and had a separate deductible of another $1000. Upon getting statements, the adjuster cut cost and refused to replace some of the damaged carpet, avoided my calls, stated my contractor had not called. He became rude and abrasive and hung up on me several times in trying to get the insurance to cover damages. If State Farm is like a good neighbor, I sure would hate to have a bad neighbor. I had enough problems with the flooding and even more with trying to get it fixed by State Farm. They like to get the payment, but they don't like to fix your property back as it was. Stay away from this one.
This story has no comments yet. Be the first to leave one!